Monday, January 18, 2010
These are a couple of screen shots from Digital Project showing the 40" hand saw I'm making to cut ice. I used digital project to draw the saw so that I can easily go back and change the dimensions by entering a few new parameters. I've also drawn the saw so that the teeth are variable in size and pitch. My thought was to have the saw capable of cutting in both directions, and taking the most bite during mid-stroke. I have yet to test the theory as I've only cut the first version out on the waterjet. I still need to set and sharpen the teeth before I can put it to use.